The American Government: The Engine of Public Policy
Congress, the president, the cabinet, advisers, agency bureaucrats, federal and state courts, political parties, interest groups, the media—all of these groups influence political decisions in our democratic system of government. This results in the creation and implementation of public policies.
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you do the following:
- Define public policy.
- Identify and explain the purpose of the three branches of government.
- Discuss how each branch of government may influence public policy. Research an example from recent news (such as civil rights, health care, education, or others) and explain how each branch of government could influence the direction of that specific public policy.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
- A minimum of three professional references (Wikipedia is not accepted in this class).
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Examine the government’s role, function, and decision-making process in a democracy