- First, choose one of the following judicial roles:
- Next, identify a recent or historic criminal case in which elements of victim participation have played a prominent role.
Write a 750- to 1,250-word paper that addresses the following:
- Explain how the judicial role you chose is affected by one type of victim participation.
- Explain how the victim may be affected by this type of victim participation.
- Explain how victim participation affected, or may have affected, the outcome of the case. Use examples from the recent or historic case that you found to illustrate your analysis.
- Explain how a victim impact statement can affect sentencing in general and contribute to either correcting or adding to sentence disparity.
References Must come from:
Karmen, A. (2020). Crime victims: An introduction to victimology (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 5, “The Ongoing Controversy over Shared Responsibility” (pp. 146–199)
- Chapter 7, “Victims’ Rights and the Criminal Justice System” (pp. 231–272)
And 2 other references of your choice