Role of the Professional Nurse in Health Policy Paper Submission
Write a paper on the role of the professional nurse in health policy.
1. Discuss the professional nurse’s role in health policy.
2. Identify an action plan for nurses to increase involvement.
· The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
· The paper is to be no shorter than 5 pages; nor longer than 7 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract and references page.
· Your paper should be formatted per APA and references should be current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions).
· Incorporate a minimum of 3 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
· Mason, D. J., Gardner, D. B., Outlaw, F. H. & O’Grady, E. T. (2016).
· Chapters 23, 24, 28, 30, 31, and 38
Online Materials & Resources
1. Cleveland Clinic Patient Centered Medical Home.
2. (Links to an external site.)
3. Patient-centered medical home. (n.d.). Cleveland Clinic. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/medicine-institute/patient-centered-medical-home
4. Hassmiller, S. B. & Reinhard, S. C. (2014). A bold vision for America’s health care system: The Future of Nursing report becomes a catalyst for change. Nursing Outlook, 63(1), 41-47.
5. Bulson, J. A. & Bulson, T. (2011). Nursing process and critical thinking linked to disaster preparedness. Journal of Emergency Nursing, 37(5), 477-483.
6. Smaldone, A. & Cullen-Drill, M. (2010). Mental health parity legislation: Understanding the pros and cons. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing & Mental Health Services, 48(9), 26-34
7. Gardner, D. B. (2014). Dismantle or improve ObamaCare? Nurses must take action. Nursing Economics, 32(6), 323-326.