Now to help make all of these bits of information more accessible, you will create a ladder of abstraction. This model can help you remember and apply this information.
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge into an organizational structure consistent with good critical thinking.
- Barrett, T. (2018). Up and down the ladder of abstraction. Medium. Retrieved from https://medium.com/@tombarrett/up-and-down-the-ladder-of-abstraction-cb73533be751
chapter 8, “How We Know What We Know,” pp. 82-95 from Language in Thought and Action by S. I. Hayakawa and Alan R. Hayakawa.
- Read Up and down the ladder of abstraction.
- Read pp. 82-95 from Language in Thought and Action by S. I. Hayakawa and Alan R. Hayakawa. (OCLS)
- Create a ladder of abstraction for your operating paradigm as described by Hawakaya and Hayakawa.