Deadline: TBC with office
Word limit: maximum of 2,000 words
The following assessment criteria will be used:
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding the chosen issues / contexts and their theoretical models and concepts
- Appropriateness of theoretical analysis (relevance of theoretical frameworks / concepts; effectiveness and quality of theoretical analysis; evaluation and critique of essential aspects of the work)
- Appropriateness of application to an organisation (Justification of company choice; effectiveness of applying theories and concepts, and making appropriate recommendations to the organisation)
- Essay structure and presentation (Cohesion of answer; use of academic English; Grammar)
- Evidence of research and standard of referencing (range and appropriateness of sources of information; correct use of academic referencing technique)
Resit Essay Topic: A Critical Literature Review of a chosen marketing context – You MUST choose a topic different from your original attempt (for example, if your original topic was Fashion Marketing, you cannot choose this topic again in the resit assessment, you can choose other topics other than Fashion Marketing).
The review should include the following elements:
– produces a critical literature review of a marketing context
– evaluates a chosen organisation in this chosen context using secondary data
– makes recommendations to the organisation based on the analysis
Literature review is a piece of academic writing which critically evaluates the current literature on a specific topic. Student should assess the already available published work on the chosen topic. This essay should provide a comprehensive review of the literature specifically focused in the topics covered in the lectures, including, Corporate Marketing, SME Marketing, Fashion Marketing, Sustainability Marketing, Digital Marketing, Sustainable Fashion Marketing and Place Marketing. The literature review should demonstrate an understanding of the field. Students should outline and review the key theoretical development in the area in a critical manner and avoid descriptive analysis.