|This assignment will be submitted to Turnitin®.|
Write a 8-12 page paper discussing the below topics as they relate to computer crime.
You must provide cases and examples to support the topics. 1) Identify and discuss the steps necessary to make electronic evidence admissible in court. 2) Identify various crimes and incidents that are involved in electronic forensic investigations. 3) Discuss the importance of security and computer use policies. 4) Identify and discuss the techniques to obtain evidence from Internet and Web resources. 5) Identify and discuss the types of evidence that can be recovered from computer and electronic devices. 6) Discuss the importance of documentation and chain-of-custody in the forensic process.
Submit your Term Paper in a Word file for grading.
Specific Instructions for the Term Paper:
1. Include a title page for your own paper. This includes the “Running Head” in the page header, the title of your paper, and your name. If you don’t know how to edit a header in Word, Google for instructions on how to edit a header in the version of Word you are using and follow the instructions. Also add the university and class info as well as the date authoring the paper.
2. Write a 150-250 word abstract for your the paper (on p. 2 of the Term Paper). The abstract should be a brief summary of your paper.
3. Next you need a Table of contents page.
4. Next you will start the paper. The 8-12 page starts counting from this page. All prior pages are pages for “metadata” information about the paper – and not part of the body of the paper.
5. For each major section of the paper, you will need to add sub-headings. You may need as many subheading as needed, but each section must have a minimum of three sub-headings. Be sure to be descriptive in your sub-heading names, so that the content following the subheading is informative.
6. More info on the body of the paper: Write the introductory paragraphs of your term paper (following the table of contents page) underneath the title of your paper. The introductory paragraphs should be at least one page long. These paragraphs should provide the reader with an overview of what you are covering. Your full 8-12 page term paper is due at the end of Week 6. In addition to the 8-12 pages of the paper itself, you must include a title page (abstract and table of contents pages) and a references page. Your title page must include the title of your paper, the date, the name of this course, your name, and your instructor’s name, as well as the university info and the date paper was written.
7. Your paper must be on the topic of this assignment in computer forensics. Remember to explain the types of software you would use to complete the case. You may use the cases noted in the book for guidance or may use one of your own.
8. The last section of your paper is the list of references in APA Style format. Name the header “References” then list the references in alphabetical order of the authors’ last name. Include a minimum of 6-10 outside sources cited and referenced in the paper. Your references page must be written in APA citation style.
9. Rename your Term Paper to ISSC621_LastnameFirstname_TermPaper2.doc(x) (e.g., ISSC621_JohnSmith_TermPaper2.docx) and submit it to the Assignments area in the classroom.
NOTE: I WILL NOT ACCEPT A PAPER WITH AN ORIGINALITY REPORT OVER 10% OR OVER 1% FROM A SINGLE SOURCE. THIS WILL RESULT IN A GRADE OF 0.
NOTE: This assignment has the classroom TII (TurnItIn) feature turned on. This means that once your assignment has been submitted to this area, it will automatically be submitted to Turnitin.com database to generate an Originality Report with an Originality Index. It takes anywhere from a minute to 24 hours (or longer) for this report to be generated and returned to the classroom assignment area. Check often to see if the report has been generated. The acceptable criteria for the Originality Index in this course is a maximum of 10%. Which means 10% of the submitted paper has been matched with sources in the database and hence is not original to the student’s work. A 0% match index is ideal and should be aimed for. In addition to the 10% maximum overall match allowance, each of your cited sources should not exceed 1%. The bibliography section of your paper is excluded from the match index by your professor after the report has been generated by filtering this portion in the report. However, each cited source must not exceed 1%. A report exceeding 10% Match Index will get a grade of 0. Any individual source of more than 1% match will reduce the paper grade by the difference of the match and 1%. So for example, a paper with overall match index of say 5% (which is acceptable for the overall match criteria of 10% max) with an individual source matched at say 4% (which is not acceptable for an individual source criteria of 1% max) will result in a 3 point reduction from the paper score of 12 points. You will have the opportunity to rework your paper and resubmit one for a new report generation. Please refer to Week 1 Announcement regarding Turnitin Originality Report for more details.
Assignment Grading Criteria
Plagiarism Free Papers
We have a team of professional writers who writer the entire tasks assigned to them afresh. Plagiarizing papers is not an option. Thus, we write assignments from scratch using our unlimited resources and the expertise in research to prepare assignments with references that correspond with accurate in-text citations.
+1 (209) 4875 5892