Karen Lezcano, BSN, RN
8129 W 36TH AVE apt 6
Phone: (786) 443-6020
As a caring nurse with a bachelor’s in nursing, I’m searching for a job where I could grow as an individual and all my skills and knowledge will be utilized to benefit the center or organization.
· Skilled cardiac nurse
· Cardiac, Diabetes, Hospice, Behavioral Health, Pediatrics Patient Care
· Knowledge of Medical Terminology and Pharmaceuticals.
· Ability to Work Under Extreme Pressure.
· Excellent Team Player.
· Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
· Highly proficient in computer operations (MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Notebook, Outlook).
· Fully Bilingual (English-Spanish).
North Shore Medical Center 2019-2020
· Consistently Monitor Patient’s cardiac rhythm, VS and Drips.
· Medication administration and outcome.
· Admission, Discharges and Medication Reconciliation
· Infusion Pumps, PEG Tubes, NG Tubes, Drains and Catheters.
· Work closely with case management, Social worker, Dietary, ST-OT-PT.
· Skin Assessment: Wound Care.
· Manage patient’s pain.
· Assist patients with pre- and post-op.
· Perform clinical tasks according hospital policies.
· Perform NIH Stroke Assessment.
· Perform tracheostomy care and suctioning per schedule or and needed.
· Hourly Rounding.
· Patient Safety and Fall Prevention.
South Miami Hospital Baptist Health 2020- present
· Performed Neurovascular Assessments
· Monitored and recorded vital signs after surgery.
· Performed Neuro Checks as per protocol.
· Administered and monitored medications and their effectiveness by multiple administration routes depending upon client situation and medical orders.
· G- tube feedings via Kangaroo infusion pump & administration of medications
· Performed patient and family education on issues related to the special care of critically ill or medically fragile patient.
· Performed tracheostomy care and suctioning per schedule or and needed.
· Recorded patients’ medical information and vital signs.
· Consulted and coordinated with health care team members to assess, plan.
South Miami Hospital Baptist Health 2020-2021
RN (COVID-19 unit)_____________________________________________________________________________
· Monitor closely patient oxygen saturation and vital signs.
· Educated patient about disease process, prognosis and treatment.
· Provided inpatient nursing care to patients receiving treatment on a COVID-19
· Explained health care issues to patients and families to promote informed medical care choices.
· Developed and implemented patient care plans based on physicians’ instructions and generally accepted nursing practices.
· Assessed and managed various patient treatments for numerous patient diagnoses from sepsis to acute respiratory distress.
Miami Dade College 2015-2017
· Associate Degree in Nursing
Florida National University ________________________________________________________ 2018-2019_
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Karen Lezcano BSN, RN Page 1 of 2