This is the topic in which to research:
“Need for transitional housing, multi-state medical coverage and multi-state educational benefits for children who age out of foster care.”
The Advocacy Project is to be submitted along with a detailed summary of the project; this is at least 6–7 pages in length. The Advocacy Project must include the following:
- Introduction: Must include a summary of the issues and a clear thesis statement
- Rationale for the mode of choice: This must include the rationale for the mode of choice detailing why the issue is relevant to public policy.
- Include the elements of your outline headings: Each heading must be supported with research, facts, strategies, etc. The following outline would be an example (http://www.ala.org/advocacy/sites/ala.org.advocacy/files/content/advleg/advocacyinstitute/Advocacy%20Action%20Plan%20-%20revised%2001-09.pdf):
- Setting your goals
- Strategies for developing your message
- Strategies to get the message out
- Team building
- Putting it all together
- Conclusion: offers a good summary of issues treated in the paper and offers practical application.