· This paper should be an essay of 3-4 pages in length, and consist of original research and analysis. In this essay, you will summarize the primary source (First Inaugural Address of Thomas Jefferson (1801) and its author, situate it in the historical context of the time it was produced, detail the audience of the source and what it is communicating to them, and explain its significance to the individual, community, and/or society of the period.
High-quality papers should:
· meet the 3-page minimum length (excluding: title page, bibliography page, and restated prompt);
· have an introduction;
· be double-spaced and written in 12-point, Times New Roman font;
· provide supporting evidence in the form of well-chosen examples and concise direct quotes;
· provide proper Chicago Style footnote (notes-bibliography) (Links to an external site.) citations for all quoted and paraphrased evidence;
· avoid plagiarizing the work(s) of others;
· and, end with a solid conclusion.
Attached you will find the primary source First Inaugural Address of Thomas Jefferson (1801) on page 5 of the PDF document.