Please need that there is additional information on how to access Assignment Videos on the second page of this document
EDUC 5932M Analysing Language Teaching (15 credits)
Module Leader: Dr Harry Kuchah
Participants are required to submit a 3000-word assignment (worth 100% of the assessment), illuminating the way learning is scaffolded in a recorded English language lesson.
- Select a specific area of interest from the topics covered in the EDUC 5932 module.
- Select one of the video recordings from the International House set on VideoLeeds/Education Channel or from the ‘Additional Assignment Videos’ list below and identify a single stage of the lesson, probably a 5-10 minute continuous
- Analyse this stage in the recording, with regard to the topic area you have selected.
Please your assignment should follow this structure:
- A brief introduction, describing a school context you are familiar with and setting out the aim of your assignment with an indication of how the discussions might be relevant to your context.
- A critical discussion of concepts related to the topic area you have selected, drawing on modular and wider literature;
- A very brief overview of the selected lesson indicating its learning aims and task structure in order to contextualise the selected stage;
- A description and analysis of the selected stage with regard to the ideas developed in the earlier discussion; this should include a critical discussion of how the activities in selected stage might be adapted to, or integrated into your context.
- A brief conclusion indicating what you have learned from this assignment;
- References list (Harvard or LeedsUniHarvard style);
- Appendices (e.g. plan of the selected stage).
- Google: VideoLeeds or click here
- Sign in as a Guest – very important
- Click on Content
- Click on Browse all Channels
- Scroll down to Education
- Go to pages 7 and 8 – you will find 15 videos on ELT
Additional Assignment Videos
English lesson on shopping with Pre-intermediate students: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=155&v=AHZUhsng4JI&feature=emb_logo
English language classroom: conversation class: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBsyq7_RPNk&fbclid=IwAR3OG1uGKBM7VrI-bIF0kpxrPNEqHXFbvSbCco550zEghrqkFU9B7pvuijU
English Teacher Development Films: Lesson 2 (Who am I?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEbwDj7hQUs
English Teacher Development Films: Lesson 3 (Those Colorful Days): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDecvPHDjlo
English Teacher Development Films: Lesson 4 (Have your Garden): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tXzNjAfTwI
Laura’s Lesson on speaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv_Ud2lq-Ww&feature=youtu.be