As a consultant, you need to develop an in-depth analysis and evaluation of the selected agency’s planning, organizational design, decision-making process, and implementation, and then provide recommendations for improvement. Therefore, you will research related academic sources, the agency’s website, or any government website. The analysis will be read by the VP of accounts and client support, as well as by the leaders of the agency for whom you are working.
Write a 5–7 page paper in which you:
- Describe the history of the selected agency and department by explaining its reasons (goals and objectives) for being established. Title this section History of Department of Health and Human Services.
- Analyze the organizational design of the selected agency and specific department by describing the design and organizational chart. Assess its effectiveness in making major policy decisions and providing services to its primary recipients. Title this section Organizational Design.
- Include a figure of the current organizational design within the text of the paper.
- Recommend a redesign of the agency’s structure to better serve the needs of the department’s businesses without jeopardizing the goals and objectives of the agency. Explain your reasoning for changing the design, and explain the change’s impact on the agency’s effectiveness in delivering quality services. Title this section Assessment of Organizational Design.
- Include a figure of the new organizational design within the text of the paper.
- Analyze 2–3 major milestones, factors (internal or external), or actors affecting the agency’s success and their influence on the effectiveness of the agency’s planning, organizational design, decision making, and implementation. Also, analyze 2–3 possible causes (internal or external) that appear to have the effect of impeding the organization’s implementation of its policy and meeting its goals and objectives. Title this section Evaluation of Planning and Implementation.
- Recommend 2–3 strategies (from the previous criterion) that the agency could implement to improve its effectiveness in the areas of planning, decision making, organization, and implementation, by explaining each recommendation and providing reasons each recommendation would bring about improvement. Title this section Recommendations for Planning and Implementation.
- Include a cause and effect diagram in the text of the paper.
- List 4–5 relevant and credible outside resources that support the content of this assignment. Include no more than one non-government website.
Note: Follow the Guidelines for Interview Assignments at Strayer University provided in the Assignment Preparation in Week 1.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed and double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The sections must have appropriate titles. The cover page, reference page, and the appendix pages are not included in the required assignment page length. The assignment must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document.