Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapter 22 of the textbook.
Imagine that you have been hired as a quality control data analyst. The company you have been hired for has experienced a decline in their sales numbers. The CEO speculates that there may be some areas for improvement in their quality control practices. You have a strong background in data analytics, but you know little about quality control practices. As a data analyst, you need to determine some key data points that will assist you in identifying any problem areas in the quality control process.
In your paper,
- Identify data that you believe would be useful in assessing for quality control.
- Discuss your strategy for identifying key data points, including the type of data you gather and where you will look to find this data.
- Determine the best way to present this data, considering data visualization tools we examined in Week 2.
- Summarize how you would go about creating a quality control proposal for this company. What are some of the key points you would consider for quality control?
The Analyzing Quality Data paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Waypoint Assignment Submission
The assignments in this course will be submitted to Waypoint. Please refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
- Click on the Assignment Submission button below. The Waypoint “Student Dashboard” will open in a new browser window.
- Browse for your assignment.
- Click Upload.
- Confirm that your assignment was successfully submitted by viewing the appropriate week’s assignment tab in Waypoint.
For more detailed instructions, refer to the Waypoint Tutorial (Links to an external site.).