Analyzing Technology & Medical Ethics
In this week’s learning module, you explored the impact of 3 replacement strategies – cloning, 3D printing, and artificial parts – on health care.
- First, reflect upon the ethical debates described in these sections of the learning module.
- Second, imagine that you are a member of the Ethics Board at the American Medical Association. You are involved in specific discussions about the use of replacement parts from cloning, 3D printing, and artificial parts (such as artificial hearts and eyes).
- Third, write a discussion post that presents your opinions on these three replacement part strategies’ ethics. To this end, please answer the following questions:
- What are the ethical dilemmas associated with each replacement technology?
- What are the costs/benefits associated with each technology?
- How do you weigh benefits against costs?
- Given this analysis, what replacement strategy would you recommend to the ethics committee?
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.