In the Strategic Alternatives Assessment, you evaluated potential growth opportunities and strategies for your firm, using a SWOT analysis to assess the advantages and disadvantages of each. Recapitulate your findings here in conjunction with any instructor feedback received, identifying how you determined your proposed strategic alternative(s) and calculated potential inhibitors to each. Expand upon your initial proposed alternatives to include financial considerations.
2. Throughout the course, you have developed and submitted reports for your firm based on information that you and your CLC group have acquired and assessed. However, it is equally important to consider what other information, had you been able to locate it, would have been of value in formulating recommendations. What information are you lacking that might assist you and your team in developing and suggesting value-enhancing strategic alternatives? What information are you lacking that would assist you and your team in better assessing and managing possible risks of the proposed alternatives?
3. When it comes to making strategic recommendations to management, financial considerations weigh significantly on the feasibility and viability of the available options. Revisit the Financial Analysis assignment and, with the incorporation of any instructor feedback received, reiterate your findings on the financial condition and performance of the firm respective to the risks and benefits of forming a strategic alliance, profitability ratios, and possible value-enhancing strategies.
4. Given your instructor’s feedback and considering how the financial markets have changed since you submitted your Financial Analysis assignment, how would you refine or update your assessment of the organization’s current performance and financial strategies?
5. How would you use a decision matrix to determine the risks of your suggested strategic alternative and the potential financial implications for your company of pursuing this alternative? Is the decision matrix an effective tool for predicting risk? Why or why not? How does the application of the decision matrix alter what you previously chose as the most advantageous strategy?
6. Utilizing a risk matrix, identify a minimum of 10 unique risks associated with the strategic alternative you believe will provide the most significant opportunity for your firm to add value. Choose two or three of the most critical risks and discuss their potential impacts on your selected alternative.
Submit your risk matrix with your written response.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide,
Strategic Alternatives Assessment
Thank you for your work with this learning activity. I regard this specific this activity as almost the closest to the kind of work we do in organizations all the time. For instance, during the last strategic plan in which I was involved, I traveled between the United States, Amsterdam, and Vietnam to work with the various teams to develop the plan. In between these trips, the various team members had deliverables such as a SWOT analysis and a decision matrix. In fact, these two analytic tools were in our final strat plan!