Instructions This week you will use your readings from the past week as a point of departure to create your own artistic production and a reflection paper.
Part 1: Art Creation Select a poem piece to use as a point of inspiration. Create a work of poetry inspired by your selected art piece.
Part 2: Reflection Write a reflection about the relationship between your art production and the inspiration piece. Include the following in the reflection paper:
· Inspiration Piece
· Include the inspiration poem piece within the document. Use a link in the case of a recording.
· Record the title, artist/author/composer, year, and place of origin.
· Briefly explain the background of the inspiration piece.
· Your Art Piece
· Include your original poem within the document.
· Provide a title.
· Explain the background of your piece.
· Explain the thematic connection between the two pieces.
· How are they similar and different?
· Are they the same medium? How does the medium impact what the viewer experiences?
Original Artwork Requirements
· Methods: typed poem piece
· No computer-generated pieces
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page, text of inspiration piece, or references page)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source)
Grading This activity will be graded based on the W5 Art Creation & Reflection Rubric.
W5 Art Creation & Reflection Grading Rubric
|W5 Art Creation & Reflection Grading Rubric|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLength||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeBackground – Inspiration Artwork||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeBackground – Original Artwork||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeConnection||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSource Integration||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeClarity & Flow||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWriting: Mechanics & Usage||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAPA Paper Format||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAPA: Citation and Reference Formatting||
|Total Points: 150|