- Review the Learning Resources on open-ended questioning. Pay particular attention to the examples of open-ended questions, how they are structured, and how they are different from closed-ended questions. Also, consider the importance of asking open-ended questions during an assessment.
- Review the closed-ended questions in the document entitled, “Converting Closed Questions.” Consider how you would convert each to an open-ended question.
Submit a 2-page paper that addresses the following:
- Convert the closed-ended questions from the Converting Closed Questions document to open-ended questions.
- Explain how you might rephrase or redirect a question that seemed open-ended but received a closed-ended response.
- Explain why it is important to ask open-ended questions during an assessment. Be specific, and use examples to illustrate your explanation.