Despite the regulations that protect banks from failure, some do fail. Go to
In your initial response to the topic you have to answer all questions:
- What does the term “bank failure” mean? What role does FDIC insurance play?
- How many banks failures occurred in the United States during the current calendar year?
- How many banks failures occurred in the United States during 2020?
- How many banks failures occurred in the United States during 2018?
- How many banks failures occurred in the United States during 2017?
- What were the total assets and total deposits held by the banks that failed during 2019? (To see the data for total assets, you need to log on the website we provided for the discussion and click on Bank Failure in Brief. This is the second link from the top. You will need to scroll down the page to see the table with total assets. And if you click on the year in the table Closing Summary on the same page, you will see the list of bank failure for that year with the total assets and deposits for each bank.)
- How many banks failed in 1937?
- How it is possible to prevent bank failure?
- Reflection – the students also should include a paragraph in the initial response in their own words, using macroeconomic terminology, reflecting on specifically what they learned from the assignment and how they think they could apply what they learned in the workplace and in everyday life.