In this assignment, you will demonstrate your understanding of the Christian worldview, including the main topics you have covered up to this point. You will summarize and analyze the essential elements of the gospel (nature of God, nature of humanity, nature of Jesus, and restoration) and reflect on implications for the Christian worldview.
Write a 1,500-2,000-word essay using at least four resources. The four resources need to include at least two course resources (textbook, topic overviews, the Bible) and at least two other sources from the GCU Library to support your points. Remember, the Bible counts as one resource regardless of how many times you use it or how many verses you cite.
Begin your paper with an appropriate introduction, including a thesis statement to introduce the purpose of the paper. Present the gospel essentials (nature of God, nature of humanity, nature of Jesus, and restoration), the Christian foundation, and an analysis of the implications of the Christian worldview.
Use the “Gospel Essentials Essay Template.” Based on the Christian worldview, write at least one paragraph for each of the following components.
- Nature of God: What is the triune God like? What are God’s characteristics? What is his creation?
- Nature of Humanity: What is human nature? What is human purpose? What is the root cause of human problems?
- Nature of Jesus: What is Jesus’s true identity? What was Jesus’s kingdom purpose? Why is Jesus’s identity and work significant for the Christian worldview?
- Restoration: What is the solution to human problems according to the Christian worldview? What role do grace, faith, and repentance play in Christian salvation? How do Christians think that the transformation of self and society happen?
- Christian Foundation: Summarize how the concepts of the gospel essentials (nature of God, nature of humanity, nature of Jesus, and restoration) constitute the foundation of the Christian worldview. In other words, how are these concepts essential to the Christian worldview?
- Analysis of the Implications of the Christian Worldview: Based on the previous five prompts, analyze the implications of the Christian worldview by addressing each of the following questions:
- What are the benefits or strengths of the Christian worldview as it relates to human value and dignity?
- Compare the Christian concept of salvation in contrast to any other worldview perspective.
- How the Christian worldview influence a person’s thinking and behavior?
- What do people find troublesome or confusing about Christianity and why?
- Conclusion: Synthesize the main points, pulling the ideas of the paper together.
Use at least four required resources to support your claims: at least two course resources (textbook, topic overviews, the Bible) and at least two other sources from the GCU Library.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. Review the APA Template for formatting and utilize the attached “Gospel Essentials Template” to complete the benchmark assignment.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following competencies:
MC1: Critical Thinking
MC2: Effective Communication
MC3: Christian Worldview Knowledge
3.1 – Examine the ideological foundation of the Christian worldview.
3.2 – Analyze the implications of the Christian worldview as it relates to human value and dignity.