1. What are the trade offs that Dianrong is facing? How should the company prioritize its objectives? What should Soul Htite do?
2. As detailed in Exhibit 1 of the case, there are different collaboration models that Dianrong has adopted in working with various parties on technological development. How should the company decide on the nature of collaboration for technological developments in the future (via organic and in-house developments, partnerships, joint ventures, or acquisitions)?
3. Assuming that the company manages to raise an additional US$100 million, how should Dianrong allocate the capital across its many business units to maximize value in the long run? Should the company spend the money on internal R&D initiatives or M&A pursuits? Or both?
4. How should the company work with the local regulations in China? Should the company focus on reviving the P2 industry in China in the process? If so, how?
5. Are there other technologies that Dianrong should consider adding to its already expansive portfolio of technologies? In contrast, are there technologies that may seem redundant at the firm at the moment? How should Dianrong manage this to improve its competitive edge with its “technology DNA?”
Compose your essay in APA format, including the introduction and conclusion, and in-text citations for all sources used. In addition to your 3 page (minimum) essay, you must include an APA-style title page and reference page.