For this assignment, make sure you post your initial responses to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your peers as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your peers’ initial postings. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite sources in your responses to other peers. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Ethics and Moral Development
Reflect upon ethical dilemmas you may have encountered in an organization you are or have been with or that is currently in the news. Also, familiarize yourself with Kohlberg’s stages of moral development.
For your initial post, address the following, supporting your perspectives with scholarly research:
- Summarize the ethical dilemma you encountered in your organization.
- Which of Kohlberg’s stages of moral development is represented in your example? Be sure to justify your reasoning for your choice. Do you think that one of the other theories of moral development better describes your example? Why?
- Postulate the (hypothetical or real) best- and worst-case outcomes of this dilemma as you see them.
Then begin reading the posts provided by your peers. You will be expected to respond to the initial posts of at least two of your peers. In your response, be sure to discuss the following items:
- Do you agree with their selection of Kohlberg’s stages of moral development for their examples? Why or why not?
- Do you find that another of the theories of moral development would better describe their examples? Why or why not?
- Discuss what you believe was the impact of the ethical decision that was made.