Overall, this assignment requires you to describe and critically analyse a business process. The assignment is to be undertaken individually and it constitutes 10% of the final mark of the course.
CLO1: Synthesise the principles of organisational strategy.
CLO2: Explain the role of Information Technology and other resources in BPM.
CLO4: Analyse the performance of existing processes and identify process improvement opportunities/strategies.
You have been hired by a client to analyse their core business process.
You should provide a review (aimed at the management and staff of the organisation you have chosen) of the current process and the prospective problems and issues based on your understanding and knowledge.
- Choose an organisation and in less than 50 words, describe the organisation/business
i.e. size; for profit/not for profit; what is the value proposition of the organisation.
- Identify a core business process in the organisation.
Describe the process as follows:
- Name the process.
- Outline how well the process is aligned with the organisation’s business strategy/objectives.
- What type of process is it?
- Who is/are the customer(s)?
- What value does this process deliver to the customer(s)?
- What are the key resources of the process?
- What are the outcomes of the process? [maximum 250 words]
- Demonstrate that you understand the current process and critically assess its performance (in your own words) by identifying and analysing two significant problems or issues. [maximum 200 words]
Based on your analysis, provide two recommendations/improvements on how to address the problems/issues identified above. [maximum 200 words