The facts, evidence, and recommendations in your case analysis should be based only on the information provided in the case, rather than your knowledge of the company and its activities “in real life”. That is, for the purpose of this analysis, I am not interested in what a company actually did, how successful a particular decision turned out to be for a company, etc., as my intent here is to see how you evaluate and work through a particular challenge given the knowledge you develop in the course.
For this week’s case, please focus only on answering the following questions in your written reply.
1. Identify some of the strengths and weaknesses for each of Renault and Nissan before considering a strategic alliance
2. Identity some of the strategic objectives of an alliance between Renault and Nissan from each party’s perspective
3. Discuss whether the two parties appear to be a strategic fit
4. Discuss whether the two parties appear to be a cultural fit
5. Consider the implantation of the strategic plan between the parties; identity some of the actions taken and evaluate their effects through 2007