Read the Discussion Participation Scoring Guide to learn how the instructor will evaluate your discussion participation throughout this course. Your discussion posts and responses are expected to be substantive in nature and to reference the assigned readings, as well as other theoretical, empirical, or professional literature in support of your views and writings. Reference your sources using standard APA guidelines.
For the first part of this discussion, complete the following:
Drawing from the readings in this unit, as well as other resources you have located in the professional literature, reflect upon the process of developing a case conceptualization of a client. Write a discussion post that addresses the following:
- How does your fieldwork site utilize case presentations?
- Are you required to complete a written document that presents the essential information about a client you are working with? If so, what information is required?
- Do staff members or interns present cases during staff meetings or trainings? If so, what is included in these presentations?
- Considering one of the clients you have worked with during your fieldwork experience, what elements would you want to include in a case conceptualization, in order to reflect a holistic profile of the client?
- Create a brief outline of the categories of information and list them in your discussion.
- Note: Do not include any client information; just identify the main topics or categories that would form the structure of your case.
- Reflect upon the work you are doing from a theoretical perspective.
- How would you currently define your main theoretical approach?