Written Assignment-Case study analysis
· Approximately 2-3 pages double-spaced. This does NOT include the title page, or reference page. References should be in APA format.
· APA format (7th Ed) is NOT required for the paper (only references and in-text citations). Times New Roman, 12-point font is required.
· At least three scholarly references are required, including the case study (Check the bottom of the first page of the case for the authors). This ensures that you incorporate additional information outside of the case.
· You MUST use in-text citations and reference the same sources on the reference page (See sample APA paper here for details on reference format and citations.)
· Paper must be submitted on Canvas before the DUE DATE
· Emailed assignments are NOT accepted.
· The paper will be checked for plagiarism, be sure to cite all sources of information and use in-text citations within the paper). Papers matching over 30% will NOT be accepted (will receive a grade of “0”).
· It is expected that students will not use excessive direct quotes and/or figures to “fluff” the paper.
· Use headings, sub-headings, etc. whenever you change the topic.
· Do not write the paper using an outline format.
· Writing should be substantive and be free of grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors. Proof your paper!
· Use the Writing Center (See library) for assistance.
· The paper is worth a total of 85 points .
1. Read the assigned case (Fraud in Dixon Illinois: Who’s to Blame?).
2. Prepare a written analysis in the form of a paper. Once you have gathered the necessary information, your detailed analysis should include these sections:
B. Introduction (125-175 words)
· Identify the key problems and issues in the case study.
C. Background (200-250 words)
· Set the scene: background information, relevant facts, and the most important issues.
· Perform a SWOT analysis for Dixon (identify at least two factors for each part of the analysis). Chapter 6 explains the SWOT analysis.
D. Key problem analysis: (225-275 words)
· A number of problems existed (suspicious invoices, no verification, no documentation, and Fifth Third Bank).
· What mistakes did management and other stakeholders of Dixon make in their efforts to manage the city? (Consider the ethical issues and key concepts from Chapter 2)
· Where does the blame lie and who are the responsible parties outside of Rita Crundwell?
· What are the ethical implications? (Use your textbook and outside resources)
E. Conclusion/Recommendations (125-150 words)
· Discuss specific strategies management should use for improving the business in the future. How should municipalities like Dixon manage their funds going forward so that this does not happen again?
· Consider the leadership styles and the city management (Use Chapter 6). What style do you suggest?
· Recommend further action to resolve some of the issues presented.
Grading Rubric for Case Study Assignment
|BUS 100-Case Study Assignment Rubric
Introduction to Business
|Case Analysis Criteria||Points Possible||Points Earned||Instructor Comments|
|Introduction: Detailed description of designated elements/issues of the case in 125-175 words||12|
|Background: Detailed description key issues and SWOT analysis in 200-250 words||16|
|Key Problem Analysis: Detailed description of problems, ethical issues, and management mistakes in 225-275 words||16|
|Conclusion: Detailed recommendations for strategy and leadership styles in 125-150 words||12|
|Related course elements/chapter readings to the case analysis||10|
|Flow of paper to exclude spelling/grammar errors. Turn it in Matching similarity score||10|
|Reference Requirement (3) formatted in APA||9|