Case studies are an important learning strategy in business classes, as they provide an opportunity for you to critically analyze events that have taken place in real-life businesses. This develops your critical thinking and research skills as you research the competition and industry in which your business resides with an end goal of formulating a recommendation for the challenges faced by the company. Evaluate the case items below, and then respond to each of the questions provided by using both theory and practical managerial thinking as well as supporting research.
Review the case study resources below for your assignment:
- Search CNBC for articles about trek bicycles (potentially by Kevin Kane) by clicking the search bar on the homepage here and typing in “Trek bicycles.”
Review the historical aspects of this company while thinking about how the initial founders started this company in response to a market opportunity. Think about the importance of their business-to-business (B2B) buying practices with respect to maintaining a competitive advantage in the industry. In your case study paper, please answer the following questions.
- Why does a B2B organization work within a more complex buying process? Evaluate Trek’s buying process to support your answer.
- Who are the stakeholders, and how should Trek develop and maintain these relationships toward greater profitability within the organization? Include an explanation around the importance of these relationships.
- Discuss any issues Trek has faced when utilizing marketing strategies. Recommend a course of action for the future based on your research.
- Based upon your learning from the lesson, discuss Trek’s Code of Conduct, and whether it is relevant and satisfactory within the scope of B2B ethics. When responding to this question, demonstrate an understanding of B2B marketing ethics. (Note: Trek’s Code of Conduct is located on the Trek website). Recommend a course of action with respect to their ethical stance.
Your case study submission should be at least three pages in length (not including the title and references pages). You are required to use a minimum of three sources for this assignment (they can include any of the items provided).