In this discussion board, you will read the “Bad Blood” Case Study provided in instructional materials. After completing the reading. Give some thought to the following questions and post your response in the DB:
- Why do you believe the participants took part in this study?
- What ethical principles were violated in this research study?
- Would an experiment such as this be conducted today? Why or why not?
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
Post a thoughtful response to at least two (2) other colleagues’ initial postings. Responses to colleagues should be supportive and helpful (examples of an acceptable comment are: “This is interesting – in my practice, we treated or resolved (diagnosis or issue) with (x, y, z meds, theory, management principle) and according to the literature…” and add supportive reference. Avoid comments such as “I agree” or “good comment.”
- Identify unethical practices in the conduct of research
- Describe how reasoning for participation may be influenced by incentives
- Discuss measures that are currently in place to prevent unethical research
Points: 30Due Dates:
- Initial Post: Fri, May 28 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US.
- Response Post: Sun, May 30 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US – (the response posts cannot be done on the same day as the initial post).
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Response posts: Minimum of one (1) total reference: one (1) from peer-reviewed or course materials reference per response.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
- Response posts: Minimum 100 words excluding references.
Note: Since it is difficult to edit the APA reference in the Blackboard discussion area, you can copy and paste APA references from your Word document to the Blackboard discussion area. Points will not be deducted because of format changes in spacing.