Case Study, Part I
Review Chapter 3 in the textbook. Prepare an analysis of Steps 1 through 3 of the MAPP Strategic Plan initiatives and apply at least three quality and/or risk management concepts, measures, and tools in your paper.
Paper must be 3 pages with 2 scholarly sources published in the last five years.
The MAPP process includes six steps (NACCHO 2010): (steps 1-3 for paper)
1. Organizing for Success: This step involves organizing the planning process and developing partnerships.
2. Visioning: The visioning step engages stakeholders in a collaborative, creative process of developing a shared community vision withcommon values.
3. Conducting Community Assessments: Four community assessments provide information about internal and external environmental trendsrelevant to the community:
• Community Themes and Strengths Assessment: Identifies local community interests, perceptions about quality of life, and assets.
• Local Public Health System Assessment: Appraises the capacity of the local public health system to conduct essential public healthservices.
• Community Health Status Assessment: Analyzes data about health status, quality of life, and risk factors.
• Forces of Change Assessment: Identifies changing external forces and dynamics of the community and the local public health system.