In a three to four page paper (excluding the title and reference pages), reflect on an important professional change that you have experienced. Compare your change story to one of the stories from the beginning of Chapter 1 of the text. Answer the following questions and support your thoughts with at least two scholarly sources.
In your paper you must:
· Describe your change story and the one selected from Chapter 1 of the text.
· Discuss the common issues and lessons present in both stories.
· Identify and discuss the embedded lesson found in the three change stories of Chapter 1.
· The stories must include The Starbucks Story, The Sears Story and The Detroit Story.
· Describe how you might use the lessons as a solutions template during future change strategies.
Your paper should include in-text citations and references for at least two scholarly sources, in addition to the course text, and it should be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Palmer, I., Dunford, R., & Buchanan, D. (2022). Managing organizational change: A multiple perspectives approach (4th ed.) . McGraw-Hill Education.
· Chapter 1: Managing Change Stories and Paradoxes
· Chapter 2: Images of Change Management
Kotter, J. P. (2012, November). Accelerate! How the most innovative companies capitalize on today’s rapid-fire strategic challenges – and still make their numbers. Harvard Business Review, 90(11), 43-58. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
· This article takes a critical look at strategic management and the impact on organizations. The content reviews the dynamic of stale versus aggressive change management strategies.
TED. (Producer). (2017). The inner side of organizational change: | Thijs Homan | TEDxAmsterdamED [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n-c6iAKFgg