Conducting an Interview for a Qualitative Inquiry
Review the interview guide that you prepared in Unit 7 and revised in Unit 8. Based on the feedback from the expert review and the mock pilot study, make any additional changes to your interview guide that you deem appropriate using Track Changes in Word. Then complete the following:
- Use the revised interview guide to conduct and record a peer interview with a fellow learner using Kaltura.
- Write and submit a paper in MS Word containing the following:
- Part 1: Interview guide.
- Part 2: A section describing your experience with the peer interview process.
- Important: Include the link to your recording of the peer interview in this section.
- Part 3: A reflection on what you learned about qualitative data analysis from this unit’s readings, your own experience, and an increased understanding of the phenomena gained from the perspective of study participants.
It is suggested that you pair up with the peer who provided your expert review last week, but you are free to coordinate with another person. Record your interview using Kaltura. You can run Kaltura on your computer while you talk on the phone with your colleague with the phone on speaker. Some show their interview guide on screen with their image in a small box in the corner, and others appear large in the center of the screen. Either way, the other learner is not visible.
Once you have made your recording, write and submit a paper containing: 1) the interview guide; 2) a section describing your experience with the peer interview process; 3) [important!] the link to your recording of the peer interview; and 4) a reflection on what you learned about qualitative data analysis in this unit. Before submitting the assignment, review the scoring guide to ensure that you have met all criteria.
- Written communication: Written communication must be grammatically correct and free of errors that detract from the overall message. Writing should be consistent with graduate-level scholarship.
- Length of paper: Parts 2 and 3: 3–4 double-spaced pages plus Part 1, the interview guide.
- APA format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 points.