This assignment is worth 50% of the marks for this module. It is a business report of no more than 2000 words written as if you were a market research agency presenting information to a client in the electric car sector in UK.
50% of the marks for the module
Section 1: background and context
Use secondary sources of information, such as Mintel, company reports, academic and trade journals, Government statistics and news stories to research the UK market for the electric car sector and provide an overall situation analysis from the point of view of the client company, as well as addressing the why this reports matter.
Among others, you will provide information such as:
- What is the value of the market? (covered in lecture 1)
- Who are the major players and what is their market share? (covered in lecture 1)
- What are the key factors that affect the market (PESTEL analysis) and how marketing is conducted in this industry? How are competitors reacting to these factors? (covered in lecture 1)
Section 2: customer analysis
- Extract data from the provided dataset of UK electric car consumers (available online in assessment folder), to summarise the data in particular highlighting views, perceptions, opinions, attitudes and behaviour of the overall population of electric car consumers. (covered in lecture 2/3/4)
- Conduct in depth analysing, using Segmentation/Targeting/Positioning (S-T-P) theory, to identify the characteristics of different segments in this sector, particularly suited to the client you are consulting. (covered in lecture 3/4)
Section 3: Recommendations
- Using the results of your research make conclusions about the ‘typical’ consumer in the target segments and suggest how best to target the different segments. You need to justify your recommendations with your own data and wider reading. (covered in lecture 5)
Note: Grammar and presentation
- Present your work as a business report of no more than 2000 words as if you were a market research agency presenting information to a client – more information about this will be given in the sessions.
Feedback will be available within 3 working weeks from submission. You will be notified if this date changes.
Note the CW1 assesses learning outcome 1:
- Analyse and interpret consumer data in order to make recommendations for future strategy.