Unit 4 Assignment: Continuous Improvement and Processes
In this assignment, you will be assessed based on the following Outcome:
MT475-2: Examine continuous improvement and processes as supporting elements of a quality program.
One of the main skills of quality management is to consider information from multiple sources and apply criteria and standards to this material appropriately.
Carefully consider at least three appropriate double-blind peer reviewed journal articles by searching the EBSCOhost database within the Library. Then consider the questions, as follows:
Present an example Project Charter of your own creation. Apply it to a potential real-world scenario (of your own choice). Keep the Charter to no more than one page in length.
Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control (DMAIC)
How would you recommend DMAIC be applied, as a system, to this same selected real-world scenario? Do you see any potential problems with this application? Do you see any potential strengths to this application?
Given your learning and research so far in the course, what Quality Tools would you recommend, other than DMAIC, be applied to this same selected real-world scenario? Support your answer with online research in addition to the provided course resources.
Ensure each topic is covered to appropriate breadth and depth demonstrating knowledge of the course concept.
SCM Standard Requirements
· This assignment should be a separate MS Word document, preferably in the most current .docx file format.
· Your paper should include a title page, be double-spaced, in Times New Roman 12-point font, contain correct citations, in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors, and correct references on the references page.
· In addition to the current APA style title page and reference page; ensure your paper covers the assigned topics, with a focus on quality. The following items provide additional guidance as to writing expectations.
· Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
· It must be written in Standard English; demonstrating exceptional content, organization, style, grammar, and mechanics.
· Your paper should provide a clearly established sustained viewpoint and purpose.
· Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified; as well as original and insightful.
· Ensure your paper uses current APA format for content, with properly indented paragraphs, and a minimum of 3-full pages covering the assigned topics to appropriate depth.
· A separate page at the end of your research paper should contain a list of references, in current APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the Internet for credible research.
· Ensure you have at a minimum three quality references supporting your work: defining words, or using dictionaries, wikis, or encyclopedias, does not count as a quality reference, or meet university standards for credible online research.
· Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations were appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the Current APA formatting and citation style found at the Writing Center. (The Writing Center can be accessed in Academic Tools. Select APA Central, then on “Write” at the bottom of the page.)
*Please note: Professors do have academic freedom to modify assignments and requirements to mitigate against cheating and plagiarism, and help with student learning.
Directions for Submitting Your Assignment
Compose your assignment in a MS Word document and save it as Username-MT475-Assignment-Unit#.doc (Example: TAllen-MT475-Assignment-Unit4.docx). Submit your file by selecting the Unit 4 Assignment Dropbox by the end of Unit 4.