Review the diagnostic criteria on pages 99-100; 160-161; 561-562 of the DSM-5.
Using the case study of “Tina,” write a 500-750-word essay in which you examine your thought process about her presenting issues. Include the following in your paper:
- Discuss the historic and cross-cultural perspectives of psychopathology that may impact the diagnosis and treatment of Tina.
- After reviewing the diagnoses that could pertain to Tina from the DSM-5, discuss your diagnostic impression.
- Provide evidence for your diagnostic impression with appropriate criteria from the DSM-5.
- Discuss how historic misconceptions of mental illness could potentially impact the treatment of this client (e.g., treatment course, client referrals).
- Include at least five scholarly references.