Analyze the importance of managing a diverse workforce.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You work for a company that has employees from each of the five generations: Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennials, and Generation Z. Because there is a great deal of generational diversity in your company, your managers have sometimes struggled to effectively communicate with their teams. In order to help your colleagues, you decide to put together a part of a training plan to discuss the importance of managing a diverse workforce and provide guidance to managers.
Create a training plan that:
- Researches and summarizes each of the five generations in the workforce:
- Baby Boomers
- Generation X
- Generation Z
- Identifies effective strategies for communicating with, motivating, and supporting a generationally diverse workforce.
- How does each generation prefer to communicate?
- How do you keep them engaged?
- Examines the benefits that companies have experienced employing multigenerational workforces and why these are important for organizational success.
- Analyzes potential communication and collaboration challenges that could occur among the different generations and why these are important to understand when managing a diverse workforce.
- Be sure the training plan displays proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and credible sources cited in APA format.