Demonstrate how to generate business opportunities by applying screening analysis to assess the window of opportunity.
We are excited that you are exploring an entrepreneurial journey, one that may lead you to launch a business while in college, after graduation, or at some future point in your life. These thoughts may focus on a new venture that you might be interested in creating, or they may focus ideas on how to launch an entrepreneurial career.
Entrepreneurial activity in the United States now accounts for much of the nation’s prosperity and its competitiveness in the global economy. The disappearance of ‘‘old’’ jobs, particularly in mature manufacturing industries, and their replacement by ‘‘new’’ jobs, especially in service and knowledge-based industries, is disconcerting to workers whose jobs are threatened. But society has to accept churning—the creation of new enterprises and the destruction of obsolete ones—because it gives the U.S. economy its vitality.
Address the following questions:
- What do you think will be the next major innovation (like, e.g., the Internet, iPhone, Uber, Skype, Netflix, etc.) that changes the way we work and play? Search the Web to identify new emerging trends, statistics, articles, and other evidence to support your insight.
(Hint: Venture capitalists in the United States have a knack for spotting emergent industries. Look what Apple did with its smart technology ecosystem.). Think “Industry Disruption”!
- Why would you invest in said innovation? Support your answer with both quantitative and qualitative reasoning.
- Write an APA 7th formatted paper of 700-1,050 words, typewritten in double-spaced format (Times New Roman styles), page margins Top, Bottom, Left Side and Right Side = 1 inch, with reasonable accommodation being made for special situations and online submission variances. See template attached. Also located in the Announcements folder.
- In your response, make certain that you include at least two credible outside references from search engines or scholarly sources from the APUS Online Library.
- Turnitin is required and your paper will be automatically submitted into the Turnitin system.
- Please attach your paper as a file, do not copy & paste.