Please read carefully!
The exam consists of two parts:
- A series of 12 multiple-choice questions (30 marks in total), to be completed online via this LMS Quiz.
- A series of 7 short-answer questions (70 marks in total). This part of the exam can be accessed as a separate LMS Assignment.
Please complete both parts and answer each question in each part.
Instructions for the Multiple-Choice Part
- Please answer all multiple-choice questions in this quiz. All questions will be visible at once so you don’t need to answer them in sequence.
- A question can be worth 2 or 3 marks.
- There are no penalties for incorrectly answered questions.
- The multiple-choice questions are available to you for the full duration of the exam.
- SUBMISSION: Once you have finished answering the questions and are ready to submit, click the “Submit Quiz” button on the bottom of the page.
IMPORTANT: Once you click the “Submit Quiz” button, you will not be able to view or edit your answers to the multiple-choice questions. We are also unable to reset that for you. Therefore, please make sure you do not click this button until you are ready to submit. The answers you have given so far are automatically saved while you progress even before you submit.
- While there is additional time at the end of the exam to scan and upload the answers to the short essay questions, this is not the case for the multiple-choice questions. The multiple-choice questions are no longer available beyond the scheduled exam end time, so please make sure to submit on time.
General instructions for the exam
The following instructions are also included in the PDF document with the short-essay questions.
- You may not communicate with other people for the duration of the exam. The only exception is contacting the subject coordinator or LMS support staff if you face technical difficulties.
- Subject to the restrictions outlined above, you may consult any textbook or internet resource to answer your question. In the case of any inconsistency between external sources and the content of the lecture slides and textbook, the content of the lecture slides and textbook should be relied on.
- Be smart about what resources you use. If you are going to try and look up the answer to every question you will not have sufficient time to complete the exam.
- If you are well-prepared you have to trust your own expertise in answering the questions. If you have time left at the end you may use external sources to double-check answers to some questions you were not sure about.
- You may use a calculator or computer program to perform any required calculations.
- Take your time to read the question carefully. Sometimes you may not need to calculate to find the correct answer.
- We will be available on the LMS exam chat during the exam.
Best of luck!