Discussion 1: Course Reflection
Leaders and managers must possess a wide range of skills, and strong, sophisticated communication is one of the most essential for professional and organizational success. Review the broad range of topics presented throughout the course related to becoming an effective business communicator. For this final discussion, revisit the Class Café introduction in which you identified some specific learning outcomes you wanted to get from the course. Reflect on whether and to what extent you achieved those learning outcomes. Select concepts or topics that resonated with you during this course and commit to learning more about them. To bring this commitment to life, identify concrete action items that will support your goal to deepen your personal learning experience in the coming year. Then, consider the following:
· What can you do now to integrate the experiences and insights you had in this course with your personal and professional development goals?
· What are the most important things you are taking from this course that will shape your future and enable you to leverage communication to make a positive difference?
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
· Fernsler, T. (2017, Jul). The key to leadership :”See attachment”.
· Froschheiser, L. (2008). Communication ”See attachment”. Pages 9-11 .
· Hedman, E., & Valo, M. (2015). Communication challenges ”See attachment” pages 1012-1024.
· Petty, A. (2015). Learning from your communication mistakes. Government Executive, 1. – https://www.govexec.com/management/2015/09/learning-your-communication-mistakes/120719/
· Reflect on your personal learning.
Assignment – 3-4 paragraphs:
Cohesive response based on your analysis of the Learning Resources and your professional experience. Be sure to discuss the following:
· Provide a synopsis of your weekly learning. Supplement your analysis by identifying specific ways in which the week’s topic helps you in your current or future role.
· Which content and improved your understanding of managing people and fostering collaboration within your organization or one with which you are familiar?
· What impact has your improved understanding had, or what impact do you anticipate it will have on the value you will bring to your role within an organization?
· How have the content and assignments changed the way you think of your role within an organization?
· How have the content and assignments shaped your goals now, and how do you anticipate they will shape your goals in the future?
· How has the content in this course helped you appreciate the role of communication in facilitating positive social change within an organization or more broadly?
· How can you be sure you will maintain your personal integrity, regardless of ethically challenging or morally ambiguous situations?
· No plagiarism
· APA citing