You are a school counselor at an elementary school. Jennifer is an 8-year-old girl who is often absent. When her teacher asks her why, she states that her mother has been very ill and she is helping to take care of her. The teacher asks you to talk to Jennifer to find out more about her living situation. As the counselor, you discover that Jennifer is actually staying at home to watch her 4-year-old brother and 2-year-old sister while her mother works. The family cannot afford child care and, as the oldest child, Jennifer is expected to be the caregiver.
Complete the following:
- Locate at least two resources in your area that you could contact to help manage Jennifer’s case.
- Briefly describe the agencies or services and why you chose them.
- Identify specific stakeholders on site you can collaborate with to support Jennifer.
- How might you coordinate their services to help manage Jennifer’s case?
- What other concerns would you have regarding this case?
APA format. Please include in-text citations to support your assertions with one or two references. Our book can be one resource and it is called Transforming the School Counseling Profession 5th edition by Bradley Erford. Always include a reference or references with your post to demonstrate that you have reviewed the literature. Posts should be written in a scholarly manner.