Please read the following instructions:
(1) Our second discussion for this module is open now and will be open until late Friday night. Please make your initial post as soon as possible, allowing time for everyone to give comments on what you posted.
(2) You are in a new small group with four other class members. Each member has previously been in a group discussing one of the following passages. In total, you should have at least one group member representing each of these passages. As a result, all five will be discussed here in this new discussion:
- The Baptism of Jesus: Matthew 3:13-17 and Mark 1:9-11
- The Temptation: Matthew 4:1-11 and Mark 1:12-13
- The First Preaching in Galilee: Matthew 4:12-17 and Mark 1:14-15
- Peter’s Confession: Matthew 16:13-23 and Mark 8:27-33
- Matthew’s Ending: Matthew 28:11-18 and Mark’s shorter ending of the empty tomb
(3) Share and summarize what you discovered in your prior group about comparing the passage assigned to you. Make it clear to the group what passage you compared in your prior group. Note: nobody in this new group has probably dealt with your passage yet. Your summary counts for one of the three posts I expect from you.
(4) Comment at least two more times on other members’ posts. Your comments should focus on what your unique passages are revealing about Matthew’s choices as a storyteller.
(5) In short, order to receive full credit (20 points), I expect at least three posts.
*Feel free to email me with any questions. This has been a valuable in-class assignment that I a trying to use here. I hope you find it helpful (despite the virtual reality of it all).