n this discussion, you will have an opportunity to make connections between your prior knowledge and the new content you are learning this week. Consider the new content about consumer credit, credit reports, and purchasing a home and car as you respond to this discussion prompt.
Respond to at least three of the following questions in a minimum of 175 words:
- How might the concepts from Chapters 5 and 6 be important to your personal finances? Why would you want to know more about this?
- Your friend is hoping to buy a home in the next few years. What should your friend know about the process of finding and paying for a new home? Then consider what you learned in the Wk 3 Learning Path video, “Demonstration Problem Video 6.5: Calculating an Affordable Home Price” in WileyPLUS. How would your friend determine what is affordable?
- Knowing a credit score will be used in most credit decisions, what advice would you offer about how to build and maintain a positive credit history?
- The Five C’s may be used in major credit decisions. Which two do you think would be most important? Why?
- In the Wk 3 Learning Path, watch “Which is Better–Buying or Leasing a Car?” in WileyPLUS. Based on what you learned about car loans and leasing, which option would you choose for your next car? Why?