The scientific community agrees that major outbreaks of communicable diseases, like COVID-19 will be highly likely in the future, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO). Furthermore, we are also likely to experience additional disruptions to supply chains that result from climate change and political instability.
This outbreak played a serious role in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and also reduced workforces to complete shutdowns, many industries and sectors are suffering due to the COVID-19 outbreak, and manufacturing is taking one of the largest hits.
According to the General Authority for Statistics ,Saudi Arabia’s index for industrial production dropped 3.29 percent in March 2020 when compared to the same month last year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
“The decrease in industrial production resulted mainly from lower production in non-oil manufacturing activities (down by 11.46 percent), as the COVID-19 pandemic led some factories to reduce the production operations late in the month” .
As a Project manager what measures are you going to take for your organization under below mentioned issues:
Critical Question(s)-1: (2.5- Marks)
How will you measure supply chain and production risks and what you could do to mitigate those risks?
Critical Question(s)-2: (2.5- Marks)
Also, when a crisis like rapidly changing prices on consumable items (Ex. face masks).
what steps will you consider to reduce costs, both in the short and medium term?
Critical Question(s)-3: (2.5- Marks)
Discuss the role technology and its importance during Covid time. Also discuss solutions which provided by the organisations.
Critical Question(s)-4: (2.5- Marks)
Discuss the role of Lean manufacturing in the post Covid.
Some Saudi Companies names for your kind reference:
1. http:// www.esnadexpress.com
d. SCM Course Reference book-
Deryn Graham, Ioannis Manikas, Dimitris K. Folinas: E-Logistics and E-Supply Chain Management: Applications for Evolving Business, IGI Global; 1 edition, 2013. ISBN-13: 978-1-4666-3914-0
Guidelines for the assignment:
· Make sure to include the cover page with all information required. One mark will be deducted if there is no cover page
· This is a an individual activity critical case questions, which is part of your course score. It requires effort, research, and critical thinking.
· You are required to choose one current business from the list(mentioned above).
· You may chose any one company from the above web link.
· Use font Times New Roman, 12 font size
· Use 1.5 line spacing with adjust to all paragraphs (alignment).
· Use the footer function to insert page number.
· Ensure that you follow the APA style in your project and references.
· The minimum number of required references is 5.
· Your project report length should be between 800 to 1000 words.
· You must check the spelling and grammar mistakes before submitting the assignment.
· Up to 20% of the total grade will be deducted for providing a poor structure of assignment. Structure includes these elements paper style, free of spelling and grammar mistakes, referencing and word count.
�Due date and total grade
�Assignment general instructions for the students
4 | Page