Group Residency Project
· Each Person should review the instructions by the end of the day on the Friday that this is assigned.
· Each group should email the instructor with their topic by the first Saturday morning on the day after this is assigned at 10am Eastern.
· The final project is due at 11:55pm Eastern on the second Saturday after this is assigned.
For this project, you will be divided up into groups of 6 or 7. These groups will be assigned for you on Moodle.
This project will be turned in as a group. All group members will receive the same grade unless the instructor receives emails with information that one group member did not do their part on this project.
Using the topic list provided on Moodle, each group should choose a topic. Email this topic choice to the instructor by no later than 10am on the Saturday after this is assigned.
This email should contain the group name (such as Group R), the group members who are participating, and the topic chosen.
Once settled on a topic, each group member will be responsible for finding five peer reviewed articles about this topic.
The group should be communicating during this process so that students are not using the same articles. Each student must have five unique articles.
The Process for completing this assignment
· First, locate articles related to the subject chosen.
· Complete the list below for each article . The article presented first should be based upon alphabetical order of the article title.
· Cite the article using the APA style.
· Write a concise summary – in your own words, no copying – of no less than 150 words for each assigned article that complies with the following:
o the authority or background of the author, including why we should trust the source of the material,
· summarize the information presented
· Possible shortcomings or biases of the work
· What you found most interesting in this work.
· Do not use words that relate to you personally such as “I”, others “you”, or reference your personal opinion
· Remember that these articles have been peer reviewed by others in the field.
Once completed, the group will begin preparing the group document. There are several sections of this document. This document should be organized using the sections below.
· Section 1 – Student names who are involved in the group. The subject being researched.
· Section 2 (Label this Section 2): The first section of this project will contain the five articles and summaries that each student has completed.
· These should be divided by student. Please list each student alphabetically by last name and then provide their articles in alphabetical order with their summary.
· These should be organized like an annotated bibliography with the Reference information followed by the summary for each journal article.
· Section 3 (Label this Section 3): As a group, answer the following questions. List the question and then provide an answer in paragraph form. Each answer should be no less than 250 words.
· Explain three areas where (most of) your research agrees (each answer should be no less than 250 words for a total minimum of 750 words)
· Explain three areas where (most of) your research disagrees (each answer should be no less than 250 words for a total minimum of 750 words).
· Explain one thing that was most surprising to most of the group members and why. This should be no less than 250 words.
· Explain the one thing that was most interesting to most of the group members and why. This should be no less than 250 words.
· Section 4: Reference Page using APA style. Please make sure that you also used in-text citations within the body of Section 3.
This project will be turned in via the TurnItIn program. It is very important that you do not copy and paste your summary directly from the articles assigned as this will cause a high TurnItIn similarity. After receiving your TurnItIn feedback, you will have the ability to resubmit to update your assignment if your TurnItIn percentage is above 25% (excluding Reference Page information).
Do not use any apps that are designed to take the article written and turn those in to “unique” content (Article Spinner, etc.). This will result in a grade of zero. These often create unreadable content.
Group leader will report to the instructor via email:
· The quality of the work presented to them by the other group.
· The names of any group members in either group who did not participate throughout the weekend and details regarding this.
· Anything that they would change in this project.