Write an essay of 750-1,000 words in which you:
1. Describe the structure and function of the Electoral College.
· How and when was it created in the United States?
· Why was it created, and by whom?
2. Compare the Electoral College to a popular vote approach for elections.
· How does the Electoral College system operate/function?
· What are consequences of using an Electoral College system versus a popular vote? Use the 2000 and 2016 presidential elections as examples.
3. Assess the value of an individual citizen’s vote under the Electoral College system.
· Why does the United States still use the Electoral College for presidential elections today?
Utilize the required readings, academic websites as resources for this assignment.