Judges and Prosecutors
Unit III discussed some of the people involved in the court system. To learn more about these court personnel, summarize the history and current duties of judges and prosecutors.
The following decisions (located in Chapter 7 and Chapter 8 of your course textbook) will provide important summaries for the assignment:
- Tumey v. Ohio, 273 U.S. 510 (1927);
- Ward v. Village of Monroeville, 409 U.S. 57 (1972);
- Dugan v. Ohio, 277 U.S. 61 (1928);
- Baker v. Carr, 369 U.S. 186 (1962);
- Morrill v. Jones, 106 U.S. 466 (1883);
- Malley v. Lane, 97 Conn. 133 (1921);
- People v. Wabash, St. Louis and Pacific Railway Co., 12 Ill. App. 263 (1883);
- Wayte v. United States, 470 U.S. 598 (1985);
- Burns v. Reed, 500 U.S. 478 (1991); and
- Sheppard v. Maxwell, 384 U.S. 333 (1966).
Your essay must be at least three pages in length. You are required to use your textbook and locate at least one source from the CSU Online Library in your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be cited and referenced according to APA Style.