Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Bell Chapter 1, 2
· Minimum of 1 scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook)
Instructions Organizational culture plays a vital role in determining how successful individuals may be in their roles in healthcare and the helping professions, including the value of self-awareness regarding role expectations and management strategies. This culture has its own unique elements of dominance and non-dominance. Therefore, it is important for employees to be aware of key attributes that may affect their success within the organizational culture.
For this assignment, define these five key attributes:
· Communication (i.e. listening, staying calm, expressing empathy, compassion),
· Ethical behavior
· Critical thinking skills
Provide an example of each examining how each attribute can be viewed through a lens which either values or devalues diversity. If your example illustrates a devaluing of diversity, what modifications can be made to create a culture of culture within the institution. Support your example(s) with a minimum of 2 scholarly resource.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 2-3 pages (not including title page or references page)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page (minimum of 2 scholarly sources)
· NOTE: Due to the brief nature of this type of writing assignment, do not use direct quotes, but rather paraphrase the information from your source and cite it. Direct quotes in a short paper will often result in high Turn It In scores, which could trigger academic integrity inquiries.