To prepare for this discussion, read the assigned textbook chapters and the article, Six Steps for Ethical Leadership in Today’s Organizations (Links to an external site.) . Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, view and take notes on the Ethical Leadership: Why Should We Care About Value Leadership (Links to an external site.) To successfully complete this discussion, your post should minimally include the following:
· Based on your required resources, assess why positive attitudes are essential for leaders.
· Explain how the filters of the value system impact the attitude of an ethical leader.
· Interpret what it means for leadership to be more concerned with people than management.
· Identify at least three concepts discussed by Dr. Alfredo Sfeir-Younis in the assigned video and apply those ideas to yourself or another chosen leader.
· Briefly describe a scenario, including a real or fictitious ethical challenge, that might occur in a professional work setting. To that scenario, apply the information discussed in the text about how to use the power of situational variables to substitute for or neutralize the need for leadership.
· Support ideas you share in your post with a minimum of three credible scholarly and peer-reviewed sources (Links to an external site.) published within the last ten years and document your sources by including APA-formatted citations (Links to an external site.) and references (Links to an external site.) .
Post your initial response of 500 words or more by Day 3 (Thursday). Respond to at least two of your peers by Day 7 (Monday). Replies to your classmates’ initial postings should be a minimum of 250 words each.
Daft, R.L. (2018). The leadership experience (7th ed.). https://content.ashford.edu/
· Chapter 1: What Does it Mean to Be a Leader?
· Chapter 2: Traits, Behaviors, and Relationships
· Chapter 3: Contingency Approaches to Leadership
Di Frances, J. The Six Essential Leadership Attributes (Links to an external site.) . http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Six-Essential-Leadership-Attributes&id=29808.
Gehrka, J. Six Steps For Ethical Leadership in Today’s Organizations (Links to an external site.) . http://ezinearticles.com/?6-Steps-For-Ethical-Leadership-in-Todays-Organizations&id=934392.
Ethical Leadership: Why Should We Care About Value Leadership? (Links to an external site.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueI-_ZeuJ7s.
· This video evaluates the elements of value in personal leadership by assessing the various filters of the value system as it relates to ethical leadership.