In this assignment, do the following:
- Compare the business approaches of four major information technology companies.
- Read the Wall Street Journal article in the Resources section entitled, “Apple vs. Google vs. Facebook vs. Amazon: The lines between software and hardware continue to blur.”
- Do any additional outside research that you think will help you, and then thoughtfully answer the following questions:
- Compare the business models and core competencies of Google, Apple, Amazon, and Facebook.
- Why is mobile computing so important to these four firms? Evaluate the mobile strategies of each firm.
- Describe the significance of search to the success or failure of mobile computing. How have Apple and Facebook attempted to compete with Google and Amazon? Will their strategies succeed?
- Select which company and business model you think is most likely to dominate the Internet and why.
- Explain what difference it would make to a business or to an individual consumer if Apple, Google, Amazon or Facebook dominated the Internet experience.
Length: 5-7 pages not including title page and references
Your analysis should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.