Evidence-Based Instructional Methods And Action Research: Driving Force
Post a two-paragraph initial response that addresses the following areas using the discussion board forum:
Mr. Franklin wants to do some research on some strategies that could be used to encourage classroom behavior management. He comes to you as the special education teacher for guidance on where to start exploring the current body of research before he starts his own study.
- In one paragraph, explain to Mr. Franklin what a scholarly search entails.
- Identify at least two resources for conducting scholarly searches.
- Provide information as to where he can find these scholarly searches.
- Compose a one-paragraph description of the steps of an action research study for Mr. Franklin.
Henley, M., Ramsey, R. S., & Algozzine, R. F. (2009). Characteristics of and strategies for teaching students with mild disabilities (6th ed.). Pearson.
- This text is a Constellation™ course digital materials (CDM) title.
- Bourgault, D. (2008). Present levels of academic achievement and functional performance (PLAAFP/PLEP) development (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://www.autismcenterforeducationalservices.com/documents/PLAAPF.pdf
- Burns, M. K., Egan, A. M., Kunkel, A. K., McComas, J., Peterson, M. M., Rahn, N. L., & Wilson, J. (2013). Training for generalization and maintenance in RTI implementation: Front-loading for sustainability. Learning Disabilities Research & Practice, 28(2), 81-88. https://doi.org/10.1111/ldrp.12009
- Brown, L. (2015, April 28). A quick guide to writing your elevator pitch (with examples!) (Links to an external site.) [Blog post]. Retrieved from: https://www.idealist.org/en/careers/a-quick-guide-to-writing-your-elevator-pitch
- Cook, B. G., Tankersley, M., & Landrum, T. J. (2009). Determining evidence-based practices in special education (Links to an external site.). Exceptional Children, 75(3), 365-383. Retrieved from http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/001440290907500306
- Cornelius, K. E. (2014). Formative assessment made easy: Templates for collecting daily data in inclusive classrooms. Teaching Exceptional Children, 47(2), 112-118. https://doi.org/10.1177/0040059914553204
- Council for Exceptional Children. (2014). Standards for evidence-based practice in special education (Links to an external site.) [Report]. Retrieved from https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0040059914531389