Fortune 500 Companies
In this assignment, you will select a Global Fortune 500 company and summarize its history, conduct a SWOT analysis, and address its future.
Course Outcome practiced and assessed in this assignment:
GB540-3: Analyze the relationship between knowledge-based economic decision-making and economic growth.
It is highly recommended that you review the Seminar presentation located in the Seminar Topics document under Course Resources before beginning the assignment.
In this assignment, you will select a Global Fortune 500 company (it cannot be a company you work for) that operates in the United States and in other nations around the world. Make sure it is one you are interested in and has plenty of good sources of information available.
- Summarize the firm’s history, the economic, social, and political forces that affect it
- Present recent and current operating results (financial performance) data in a Evaluate the firm’s current and recent operating results. Analyze the major economic forces that affect the firm. Discuss the key social and major political forces that affect the performance of the firm.
- Present a brief SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats).
- Discuss the factors it will need to predict, plan for, and adjust to in the
- Your assignment should have a title page with the following information: Title of the paper, Your Name, Course Number and Section Number, and Date
- It must be a minimum of 5-pages long (excluding title page, references, )
- Be sure to include the criteria located in the grading rubric within your
- It must be APA formatted with citations to your sources and your last page should list all references used. Review the APA formats found in the Writing
- You must use a variety of three objective, high-quality, and current sources. Peer reviewed articles, articles published in journals, textbooks, and library resources found in the Library are examples of high-quality
- Note that Wikipedia, Investopedia, are not considered as reliable resources for this research.
Directions for Submitting
The assignment is to be submitted to the Unit 4 Assignment Dropbox by the end of Unit 4.