Clinical supervision is an essential component of your development as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner. It provides an opportunity for professional collaboration as you share experiences with and gain insights from colleagues. For this clinical supervision Discussion, consider a client family whom you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes.
- Assess client families presenting for psychotherapy
- Evaluate the effectiveness of therapeutic approaches for client families receiving psychotherapy
- Apply narrative family therapy concepts to client families with impaired family functioning
- Review this week’s media and consider the insights provided on family therapy.
- Reflect on the client families you are currently counseling at your practicum site.
By Day 3
Post a 3- to 5-minute Kaltura video in which you do the following:
- Describe a client family you are counseling that you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes. Note: Do not use the client family members’ actual names.
- Explain your therapeutic approach with the client family, including the perceived effectiveness of your approach.
- Identify any additional information about this client family that may potentially impact expected outcomes.