Go to http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/training/ All students are required to take the following Medscape training programs which are free (but require registration). These videos and training programs cover all aspects of privacy and security.
- Patient Privacy: A Guide for Providers
- HIPAA and You: Building a Culture of Compliance
- Examining Compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule
You will be required to demonstrate your knowledge of HIPAA throughout the course and in your role at a health services manager. After completing each module, respond in this Discussion to one of the bullet points for each of the three training assignments as outlined below. Comment on at least one classmate’s posting.
Provide a description of what you learned on Patient Privacy: A Guide for Providers:
- -Access to Medical Services
- – Rights and Restrictions
Provide a description of what you learned on HIPAA and You: Building a Culture of Compliance:
- – HIPAA Security Standards
- – Policies and Procedures
- – Monitoring and Reporting
Provide a description of what you learned in: Examining Compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule:
- -What businesses are covered under the HIPAA Privacy Rule?
- – What health information is protected under the HIPAA Privacy Rule?
ScienceDescribe the role of the FDA in protecting the safety of AmericansApplicationThere are health care policies in the U.S. to protect patients from faulty, dangerous orunnecessary medicines, medical procedures, and services. Give an example of one of thesepolicies. Provide specific examples on how the policy you selected protects patients. Describeways healthcare managers support the implementation of this law.